Tuesday, February 28, 2012

David Gessner reading

David Gessner's non-fiction reading definitely taught me that you have to make your own adventures, go out and explore more. As cheesy as it sounds now reading what I just wrote - it's still true. His exact words, "You need to still find wildness." So much of my time is spent doing school work and when I "relax" I waste time browsing on StumbleUpon.com looking at pictures of people visiting amazing places or people creating things and I envy them. Instead of getting out there and doing those kinds of things I make excuses like, "I don't have the money [time, people, tools... insert other excuses here]." When I do get the chance to check out some of the cool things Penn State offers I want to do more... but if I get stuck in the virtual world rut I find it hard to get out of it. I interpreted David's comparison between saving the world < saving a little piece of it and starting a novel < assigned a writing exercise to get momentum just like going on a cross country road trip < go on a camping trip. Things like this can absolutely add to my experience and momentum for adventurous writing and living.

No comments:

Post a Comment